December 6, 2021 • 0 comments
This is a delicious recipe for using round steak. Serve over rice.
- (3 lbs.) Round Steak
- (5 T.) Oleo (pork lard is better)
- (Sprinkle) Paprika
- (8 cubes) Beef Bouillon cubes
- (3) Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- (1/3 cup) Green Onion (chopped)
- (1 1/2) Bell Peppers (sliced)
- (6-8 cups) Water
- (1/2 cup) Soy Sauce
- (1/2 cup) Water
- (4-6 T.) Cornstarch
- (1 can (drained)) Petite Diced tomatoes
Strip round steak and sprinkle with paprika. Brown in oleo. (pork lard is better)
Add 6-8 cups water, bouillon cubes, garlic and green onion.
Simmer until steak is tender, up to 2-3 hours.
30 minutes before serving, add green peppers.
Simmer 20 minutes.
Mix cornstarch and soy sauce with 1/2 cup water.
Add meat and cook a few minutes until it thickens to your liking.
Gently stir in tomatoes and serve over white rice.
Recipe credit: Kandis G. (taken out of the Down Home Southern Cookin')